Tangled and rough hair can get really annoying when you are travelling but I have found some tricks that actually work for me. All the chlorine, salt water, sand, sun damage our hair and I am the last person to stay away from enjoying all these just for the sake of hair. I love staying in the pool, taking dips in the ocean and walking around the city to explore even if it’s too hot.
I hope this article will help you manage your hair while you explore a different part of the world.
My Travel Hair Care Tips
- purchase Altium Designer 17 source site cialis generique livraison au jour le jour Tie & Cover Your Hair– I keep my hair tied in a bun or braids whenever possible. Usually I explore any city on a scuty which makes my hair more prone to tangles. Hence, I always wear a scarf or a cap to prevent damage by heat and pollution.
- Invest In A Good Swimming Cap– If you are a water baby like me, this is a must. Chlorine can make hair dry and brittle. To avoid exposure of your hair to chlorine for longer period of times, wear a swimming cap.
- Apply A Hair Serum– Before jumping into the water, apply a hair serum (a natural one though). This will protect your hair from becoming rough/dry due to long hours in water.
Perilla Seed Oil works great for me as it is super light but nourishing.
- Apple Cider Vinegar– Apple Cider Vinegar helps get rid of scalp buildup and chlorine from the hair. You can either carry a bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar or make yourself a DIY Mist using Apple Cider Vinegar.
DIY HAIR MIST WITH APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Mix together 3 parts Organic Rose/Rosemary Hydrosol along with 1 part organic Apple Cider Vinegar. Spray it on your hair after washing and after a swim.
- Oil Your Hair– I cannot emphasize this enough. Oils have been my hair savior. I mostly end up washing my hair every single day whenever I am travelling but I make sure I oil my hair at night. Carrying different oils for face, hair and body can get a little difficult. Hence, I make a bottle of a multipurpose oil that can be used on face (mix it with sunscreen), body (post swim), on bug bites/rashes/ sun burn and on hair before going to bed.
DIY MULTIPURPOSE OIL
Mix together equal amounts of Watermelon Seed Oil, Cucumber Seed Oil with one percent Lavender Essential Oil. So if you are making a 50 ml bottle, add approximately 8-10 drops of the essential oil. I chose these two carrier oils because they are light yet nourishing.
- Let Your Hair Dry Naturally– Avoid using heat. Heat makes hair more rough and dry. Let them dry naturally. The tropical weather gives very nice waves to the hair.
I hope you incorporate these to your travel routine for healthy hair. Please do share if you have any more tips in the comments below.