If you are a regular reader of my blog , you probably know that these days I am trying to add some clean and healthy habits into my daily routine. One of the habits I’ve been focusing on is drinking more and more water. I am really bad at this even though I have few health issues because of neglecting drinking water. Trust me drinking enough water is a serious commitment for me but an important one too.
Dehydration can be the cause of fatigue, dry skin, headaches, and worst of all, illness. And in my case, mouth ulcers..ugh!
For that reason, I started using the water reminding feature on an app called Haptik. It does a pretty good job in reminding me every now and then and I rush to my fridge as soon as I get the notification from them. (This is no way sponsored :D, I wish they did)
So, drinking too much water every hour is simply a big task for me. I try to make it creative and tasty of course (I have really choosy taste buds :D) as much as I can without a lot of efforts.
Without making this post long with my unnecessary talks , I am listing 4 ways I follow or use to have more water during the day. I obviously have plain water more but these are the ways I follow to avoid boredom sometimes , lol.
1) Detox Water – I am new to this and slowly developing my taste for detox waters. Some combinations did not really appeal my taste buds but recently I made a combination of some crushed cherries and 3 lemon slices .. It was the best. I have been drinking this combo for past one week. Usually, you can have up to 2L of detox water per day but I only have one 500 ml mason jar every day. Detox water is known to flush out toxins from the body and even make your skin glow. I have observed a huge change in my digestion nowadays.
2) Fruit Juices – I hate making my own juice which is why I love the brands that are coming up with 100% pure fruit juices which are free of sugar or any kind of flavors or preservatives. I have tried many brands and pretty much liked everyone. If you are looking for some kind of detox juices, you can try the all-time famous Rawpressery or I even like My Greens but if you want something that tastes good or just a healthy alternative to other packaged juices, then give Marula Juices a try. My favorite one from them is Himalayan Seabuckthorn with apple. It tastes yummm.
3) Popsicles – I have recently seen the trend of food trucks around Gurgaon selling popsicles and I got really impressed by this. My favorite popsicle recipe –
You’ll need – (This will make around 3 popsicles , depends on the size of your mold)
1 cup Mangoes
1 cup Pitted Cherries
1/2 cup Coconut Milk
– Blend mangoes with some coconut milk.
– Blend cherries with the remaining coconut milk.
– Add them to the mold one after the other and freeze.
4) Enough Fruits – I know, you know this method. Fruits are everyone’s love .. I guess so. Try to be creative with them as well. Make smoothies or sorbets .
Do you have any other tips to drink more water?