Okay so I know six months of this year are not completely over but I was writing down the things/events I am grateful for this year yesterday, hence planned to share those with you guys. This year has truly been a blessing for me till now .. ohh and a roller coaster as well. I have had 100s of meltdowns and so many days when I literally jumped with joy. In fact the decisions I have made in past 6 months have been life-changing. Not exactly! But surely career changing ..which is the same thing right. Your career determines your life.
So here’s my round up..
1) Launching my own business – Having been working on this idea for almost 6 months, launching Blend It Raw Apothecary was one of the most exciting highlights of my blogging life so far. I wanted to provide each one of my followers the access to raw, pure and organic ingredients derived from nature and make them believe in the benefits that each pure ingredient can offer to their skin, hair, and life. Essential oils, which can be used in so many ways have not gained that much popularity among Indians. Through Blend It Raw Apothecary I want to provide the purest essential oils and create awareness about how a person can use them in day to day lives.
2) Receiving Amazing Response & Feedback – I still remember the day I received my first order. I announced Blend It Raw Apothecary around 7 pm and received my first two orders around 11 pm from Archana and Roselema (I hope you are reading this guys). I jumped with tears in my eyes. I will be forever thankful to those who ordered my first month’s products without having any idea about the quality or without reading any review. Now after 6 months, I get around 5-10 messages daily appreciating the quality of the products, the idea behind this small brand and for our packaging as well. You can have a look at the reviews I receive here.
3) Learning New Things On The Way – So for my Blend It Raw Apothecary I create each and every idea, develop recipes (test it on my friends and family), source ingredients, design the labels and decide the packaging, handle the issues, queries and packaging myself. Doing everything on my own has taught me various new things which I would have never learnt otherwise – the way to deal with people who try to sell their shitty products by being good on face, used new softwares to design labels, visited conjusted markets for the packaging items, studied a lot about each oil, clay, butter etc.. Now I can say, books can’t teach you what practical experience can.
4) Buying DSLR With My Own Earnings – For some of you it might be a small thing, but for me this means a lot. Since the day I started my blog I wanted to own a professional camera to get better pictures for my blog & now I have one. I will always treasure this one thing since it has been my first very own investment.
5) Parents Finally Believe 100% In My Idea – It is not that they didn’t support me throughout this blogging journey but now they even encourage me to work for this. At the beginning, it was difficult for them to see me writing posts or working on my small venture rather than studying.
Ohh there were many lows as well. But I prefer to cherish these right now!