I am simply obsessed with using flowers in my skin care. I have been using dried lavender , chamomile , marigold and rose for a long time now in my face masks and facial steams. But hibiscus was new to me. I read hibiscus as an ingredient in a skin care product two-three months back which made me want to try it in my DIYs. After numerous tries , I finally found organic hibiscus which was exactly according to my expectations . (It can be actually difficult to find pure and organic hibiscus powder in India as most of them are mixed with some fillers to reduce the cost).
Due to its healing properties it is used since ages in chinese medicine. Besides being a beautiful flower , this flower is used for skin as well . It is known as a natural firming plant for our skin as it is a natural source of AHAs (Alpha-hydroxy acids) which in its chemical form can be really harsh for our skin. Instead of using chemical form of AHAs , we can simply use hibiscus on our skin without any side effects.
Benefits Of Hibiscus For Our Skin –
- It contains the most powerful anti-aging plant actives which firm and lift skin.
- It evens skin tone and reduces hyper pigmentation or age spots. Due to the slightly exfoliating effect of the organic acids found in the plant, hibiscus helps to speed up cell turnover, resulting in a more even looking skin tone.
- Improves complexion of the skin by breaking down dead skin cells.
- It is rich in antioxidants for the skin.
Benefits Of Hibiscus For Our Hair-
- Prevents premature graying of hair
- Thickens hair
- Reduce hair fall.
Ways To Use Hibiscus For Skin and Hair
- Hair Mask – Mix hibiscus powder with aloe vera gel and apply to your roots and hair ends.
- Scrub – Add hibiscus in your regular scrubs for removal of dead skin cells.
- Face Mask -Add yogurt , aloe vera gel and a small amount of hibiscus powder for an anti-aging and skin cleansing face mask.
I absolutely love making a moisturizing face mask by adding Ogranic Jojoba Oil , Raw Honey and one teaspoon Hibiscus Powder.
- Cleansing Grains – Mix a small amount of hibiscus with this DIY cleansing grains to add anti-aging properties and remove dead skin cells properly.
For those who use henna on their hair , add hibiscus powder to your henna for a shinier look and moisturization as henna dries out hair.
To make it easier for you to find organic hibiscus , one ingredient in Blend It Raw – DIY Beauty Box for the month of January will be organic hibiscus powder. To place your order for January Box , fill this form – Order Blend It Raw Beauty Box
Do you have hibiscus plant at home ? I am planning to grow hibiscus plant as well. Any tips?