For the past two months I have been so much into taking care of my hair and I am so happy to see the results. My hair has grown considerably and texture has become smooth and shiny as well. I have totally stopped using chemicals on my hair , although I do use heat methods to style my hair once in 3-4 months.
Ever since I have started this routine , it was about end of march , my hair has changed completely. Take into consideration that I have Oily scalp and dry ends and my hair are naturally straight since childhood. Also, do not forget that hair quality comes down to genes , however taking a proper care and sticking to a routine will surely make a difference.
See the difference in the pics.
March 2016. June 2016
1) I shower my hair 2 times a week . Unless you have very greasy hair, excessive or daily hair showers are not recommended.
Shampoo that I use is – Hair cleanser by Ma earth Botanicals .
2) I have never used conditioners on my hair since childhood , until I came across 100% natural conditioners that only contain ingredients that are actually healthy for my hair. And even now I only use conditioners when I feel my hair to be extremely rough or dry.
Conditioner that I use is – Conditioner by Ma Earth Botanicals
3) I do not wash my hair without oiling them a night before. And once a week I try to give my hair some steam by tying up my hair with towel wet in warm water. This makes the roots absorb the oil and makes hair roots healthy.
I use oil by Raw rituals and its my absolute favourite. Its a perfect oil for dry and frizzy hair . You can buy it HERE
4) I do not go to bed with open hair. Always braid your hair before bedtime as hair can be seriously damaged when they come in contact with pillows.
5) Once a week I use a homemade hair mask which generally consists of curd mixed with half a lemon , which is super effective and cheap 😛 . Sometimes I also massage my hair using organic argan oil which makes my hair extremely soft and prevents hair fall.
6) I never blow dry my hair. I don’t even own a blow dryer 😛 .
7) I trim my hair every 3-4 months , it actually makes a big difference , my hair grows faster after trimming.
8) I do not dye my hair , its so important to embrace and maintain natural shine of your hair.
Here it is, I hope you guys can start applying these really simple steps as soon as possible (if you don’t already), and I can guarantee you will start loving you hair much more before you know it!