When it comes to my hair , my mother uses all her remedies to keep my hair long and shiny. For a long time you all have been asking me about some hair care remedies or homemade treatments , hence I thought to share a recipe of a hair oil that me and my mother have been using since a very long time. I generally oil my hair twice a week which really helps me in retaining moisture in my hair . I would suggest you all to always wash your hair after oiling them , this will help you to keep your hair shinier and smoother without going for hair spas that use chemical laden products to deposit a false layer of shine on your hair.
GINGER INFUSED HAIR OIL
Ginger has been known for its medicinal and health benefits since ages. Besides being useful for health , ginger is extremely beneficial for our hair. Ginger reduces dandruff , stimulates hair growth , detoxifies scalp and contributes to hair sheen .
Ginger infused hair oil is easy to make and can be applied 1-2 times a month. I normally apply it once in a month during winters to avoid dandruff in the dry months .
Ingredients required –
– 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
– 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
– Heat coconut oil on low heat and add grated ginger to it. Remove it from the heat once the ginger turns dark brown in color and let it cool down.
– Strain the ginger once the oil has cooled down.
– Apply on scalp and let it sit for 20 minutes.
– Wash your hair with your favorite shampoo.
Since ginger has a strong effect , it can irritate sensitive skin people. So always do a patch test before and reduce the quantity if you have sensitive scalp.
You may also like Home Made Hair Mask for dry and rough hair.
Do you use any homemade oil?
Liked this easy DIY? Do pin it!