I have been into face masks for quite a long time. If you follow me on my Instagram, you know I AM OBSESSED. I have been obsessed to a point that I literally started hoarding so many superfoods and other ingredients just to add these to my face masks. Of course, I have seen a huge difference in my skin which has got me addicted to applying masks frequently. Whipping up my own masks and testing loads of ingredients that can be added for different skin types for people at my home, I have learned a lot and I wanted to share this knowledge with you guys to get you into the facemasks bandwagon.
So, go to site WELCOME TO THIS GUIDE TO FACE MASKS! This post will take you over the benefits of applying facial masks, how you can apply them properly for maximum benefits, and some of my favorite DIY masks that I am using regularly to target the skin issues I face every now and then. I have also talked about how often you should be using the masks to see results. (if I exclude anything, please ask me in comments below)
Please note that I have only talked about easy to make (plus safe) DIY masks in this post rather than talking about different brands. Obviously, you can go for face masks by different brands BUT I am in love with making my own masks these days with different powders and clays which gives me the opportunity to whip up a new mask every time.
http://readysetincorporate.com/wp-json/oembed/1.0/embed?url=http://readysetincorporate.com/faq-items/what-does-it-mean-to-file-a-corporation/ SHOULD EVERYONE USE A FACE MASK? Absolutely, yes!
Facial masks are skin saviors. They can help hydrate skin, remove excess oils and improve the appearance of your pores. They’re also an excellent way to help pull out impurities. My two favorite things about applying a good face mask are the feeling of tightened & toned skin after a single use and the feeling of being pampered like you’re at a spa from the comfort of your own home. They are the ultimate self-care moment for your skin.
In fact, masking makes the other skin care products work more efficiently. If you want your serums and nighttime products to be absorbed by your skin quicker and deeper, then a face mask is a must.
BUT.. You need to apply them properly to get the maximum benefits.
buy provigil israel HOW TO APPLY FACE MASKS TO GET MAXIMUM RESULTS?
- Before applying a face mask, always wash your face. Be sure that your face is thoroughly cleansed before you layer it with your mask. Use warm water to wash your face as it will make it easier for the mask to easily take out dirt and soak in the skin.
- It is always a good idea to apply the mask after you shower. The warm water from your shower will create steam, which will, in turn, open up your pores. This will soften the dirt already in there, making it easier for the dirt to leave your skin.
- Never rub the mask directly into your skin. It should appear like a top layer of your skin. Avoid the eye area. Do not forget applying the mask on your neck as well.
- Never apply a mask using your fingers. Buy a proper brush to paint your face with the mask.
- Always let your mask dry naturally. Do not sit under a fan to make your mask dry faster.
- Stay still while the mask is on. Do not speak or read anything. Lay down and relax.
- Do not keep the mask on for too long. Wash your clay mask before it reaches the flaky stage. If you want to keep it on for longer than that, then keep spraying your face with a hydrosol/face mist or just tap water.
- Always use plenty of water to wash off your mask and just pat towel on your face to dry. Don’t be rough.
- Do use a toner after washing off the mask to balance skin’s pH.
- Always moisturize with a serum, facial oil or normal moisturizer.
- Tip for people with dry skin – If you feel that your mask is too drying for your skin, mix it with honey or a few drops of your favorite facial oil like jojoba oil, argan oil or any serum that you are currently using.
- Always blend clay masks in wooden/ceramic/glass bowl with a wooden spoon instead of activating them in metal bowls.
Some people think face masks are for Sundays. But, you need to apply face masks at least twice a week to see the results. I apply them thrice a week and whip up a different mask everytime keeping in mind what my skin needs at the moment. I have mentioned my few favorite concoctions below.
MY FAVORITE DIY MASKS THAT I USE THESE DAYS
- Licorice Face Mask: Licorice is an amazing herb known for treating pigmentation which in turn helps even out the skin tone (the major skin issue I face). Just mix 1 tablespoon Licorice powder with some cucumber juice as a perfect cooling face mask this summer. Potato juice can also be added.
- Honey & Coffee Face Mask: I absolutely love to use this mask when my skin feels dehydrated and dull. This has been my savior during the dry winters. Make a thick paste with 1 tablespoon ground coffee, 1/2 tablespoon kaolin clay and 1 tablespoon honey. Let it sit on your face for a little longer than your usual face masks.
- Neem Face Mask: I use this mask once in 15 days for a skin detox. Pollution & dirt can really spoil the quality of the skin which makes it necessary to pull the dirt out of the pores. Mix together 1/2 tablespoon bentonite clay, 1/2 tablespoon neem leaves powder, a pinch of charcoal and rose water. Do add a few drops of oil to this mask since it can be drying for the skin. I usually add jojoba oil.
- Flower Power Mask: This one is my favorite mask which works as a mild scrub too. For this one, I make a thick paste with a half tablespoon each of hibiscus powder, rose powder , kaolin clay, and water. Clay makes it easier to make this powder stick to your face.
- Vitamin C Boost Face Mask: Okay, don’t get scared by the name. I was just trying to be fancy. I use 1/2 tablespoon orange peel powder, a pinch of turmeric and 1 tablespoon honey to make this mask. (add little bit water to make a paste).
So, there you have it. I think you are going to apply a face mask right away. 😀
Do you guys use face masks regularly? If so, which ones do you use and what do you like about them?