get link An amla a day keeps all the hair woes away :D. By amla I mean Indian Gooseberry for all of those who don’t know.
Abundant in Vitamin C and other necessary minerals, including this Indian superfood in your diet can help promote hair growth, reduce hair greying, maintain healthy scalp and even heal dark spots caused due to aging (tried and tested, :p).
Besides being beneficial for our outer appearance, it is known to improve eyesight & metabolic activity, treat menstrual cramps, aid in digestion and even eliminate toxins from the body. (Read more here)
Amla is part of everyone’s diet at my place and this recipe makes it easier, in fact, tastier to have it. I would rather prefer to die instead of consuming raw amla juice or eating raw amla. But this recipe makes amla bearable, trust me! You can have it as a side with chapati or rice. It has a perfect sourness with a hint of sweetness and spiciness.
- 1/2 kg amla
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Powder (jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Rock Salt (sea salt can also be used)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 teaspoon Raw Honey (optional)
- Boil the gooseberries and dice them.
- Heat the oil, add cumin powder and diced amla.
- Sprinkle turmeric, chilli powder, salt and honey.
- Stir well.
- Store in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 1 week!